Shadow of Witch Marionette is an upcoming Witch Spring spin-off game developed by Kiwi Walks. The game immediately follows up on the Witch Spring 4 post-game event "The Shadow World." Eirudy is the main protagonist again, entering the Shadow World and meeting her shadows.
Unlike the main installments, this game will be a side-scrolling action game released on the Nintendo Switch, with versions for PC and under consideration. It is slated to release in the first half of 2021.
Trailer[edit | edit source]
The Marionette Witch enters the Shadow World.
There, Eirudy meets her Shadows.
The story begins after WitchSpring 4,
where Eirudy embarks on a journey to search for the ruler of the Shadow World.
A new genre begins in the world of WitchSpring.
Gameplay and Features[edit | edit source]
Unlike the main installments, Shadow of Witch Marionette is a side-scrolling hack-and-slash action game. The following was seen in the prototype trailer and is subject to change in the future:
- The menu options are MAG points (Soul Stone), Tools (Items), Attack (name tentative), and Doll Summoning.
- Eirudy can combo her attacks, similar to her consecutive hits in Witch Spring 3. She also has several special moves she can use.
- One boss battle (the one with the large dog) can summon additional enemies that follow Eirudy around and attack her.
Development[edit | edit source]
Shadow of Witch Marionette was first mentioned in an early update post on June 17, 2020, which stated "two new titles will be announced." The game's prototype trailer was properly unveiled on July 24, 2020. Originally, the Korean Naver post did not mention a platform while the Japanese tweet indicated a Switch release. The Korean post was later amended to clarify a Switch release, with considerations for PC and PlayStation releases. Currently, a mobile version is not being considered.
References[edit | edit source]
- @witchsprings, 2020-07-24 https://twitter.com/WitchSprings/status/1286638758855491584
- Facebook, Shadow of Witch Marionette announcement https://www.facebook.com/witchsprings/posts/2496289330663783